Southeastern Idaho Public Health
Southeastern Idaho Public Health provides mammograms in Idaho. To obtain more details on eligibility please contact Southeastern Idaho Public Health directly by calling (208) 239-5290.
What are the counties they serving?
They served Butte, Bingham, Power, Bannock, Caribou, Oneida, Franklin, Bear Lake
What does Idaho Women's Health Check Program Provides?
They provide FREE breast and cervical cancer screening and diagnostic services to low-income and uninsured female Idaho residents.
What will local contractor do if I'm eligible?
- They will enroll you in the WHC Program.
- They will set up the screening and diagnostic appointments, at times and locations that are convenient.
- They will follow up regarding your test results.
How to be eligible on their program?
- You must be Female Idaho Residents, Ages 21-64, Over age 65 who are not eligible for Medicare or cannot afford Medicare Part B, Low income (2018 WHC Income Eligibility), No health insurance, U.S.
- citizen or eligible alien (with at least last 5 years of residency),
What are limited services for uninsured women who meet these additional criteria by a healthcare professional?
- Uninsured women aged 21-39 symptomatic for breast cancer, Uninsured women age 40-49 at high risk (personal history) and/or symptomatic for breast cancer, Women who live in geographically or culturally isolated communities in urban and rural areas, and women who have never been screened for breast and/or cervical cancer in the last 5 years are at high risk for breast and cervical cancer and are a priority for enrollment.
- WHC covers diagnostic testing of abnormal results.
- Women diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer through the program may be eligible for treatment through Breast and Cervical Cancer Medicaid.
Do I need a Dr's referral for a free mammogram?
Do I need to make an appointment to be seen?
Do I need to be a resident of this county to get a free mammogram?
Armani is a contributor who cares about women and breast cancer awareness.